"Food Waste - The Low Hanging Fruit" - Circular Economy & Waste, Session 4
This is the 4th event of a pressing series on 'Circular Economy & Waste Management' in Asia.
Globally, about 1/3 of the total amount of food produced in the world never reaches our plates - that's equivalent to $1 trillion dollars! Meanwhile, just a quarter of this is enough to feed 780 million hungry people.
Worst still, if food waste were a country, it would be the world’s third largest emitter of greenhouse gases, with an economic cost of up to US$680 billion.
This session aims to shed light on the current food waste situation, especially in Asia and throughout the food value chain, to look at innovative business solutions, to both reduce food waste & to ensure that unavoidable food waste goes to something useful - i.e. compost to grow our next harvest of nutritious food.
We look forward to stimulating discussions on how to reduce food waste and to turn it into an opportunity for business!
- Food Waste reality in Asia & in Singapore; and throughout the food value chain (farms, transportation, supermarkets, households)
- Understand case studies & innovations happening in SG and the world - ie. Folo Farms, Food Bank SG, Winnow Solutions, Yume/Spoiler Alert, Olio, etc.
- How Food Waste is a business opportunity - and how food waste management social businesses can save $1 trillion dollars & bring millions out of hunger
- Understand what we can do as companies and individuals
- 6.30pm ~ Introduction + Icebreaker
- 6.45pm ~ Screening - 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Food Waste"
- 7.10pm ~ Laura Allen, COO and Co-founder of Gone Adventurin
- 7.25pm ~ Nicholas Ng, Co-founder of Food Bank Singapore
- 7.40pm ~ Will Chua, Co-founder of Folo Farms
- 7.55pm ~ Q&A session and Panel Discussion
- 8.15pm ~ Networking
Gone Adventurin reserves the right to revise the programme or change the facilitator should circumstances so warrant. In the event of any change in date or venue, or the cancellation of the event, the participants will be notified prior to the event. By filling up this event, I hereby agree and consent that my personal data provided in this form may be collected, used, processed and disclosed by Gone Adventurin for the purposes of processing my registration to the event, invitations to future events and online surveys; marketing and promotional activities on print and social media, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all subsidiary legislation related thereto. Photos and videos taken at events will be used for Gone Adventurin's publicity & marketing materials.
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM SGT
- Impact Hub Singapore - Prinsep Street
Standard (Food & Drinks) $15.00
- Venue Address
- 128 Prinsep Street, #01-01 Singapore 188655 Singapore